It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: x64 build (for unity 5 beta)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:42 pm 

Is there any chance of getting x64 versions of the binaries? Currently using the latest unity 5 beta (x64), and while I can build a 32-bit binary and it seems to work, it won't work in the editor.

Edit: There's a shader error as well, but since I'm using a custom shader that doesn't particularly affect me.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: x64 build (for unity 5 beta)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:45 pm 
Developer

We can't officially support Unity 5 at this point as it is still in beta, and we don't have access to it. Naturally we will aim to support it as soon as possible after release. We have also never tried a 64-bit version of Cubiquity with Unity and so it is unlikely to work without some modifications to the code.

That said, it doesn't hurt to try, so I can give you a 64-bit version on the off-chance that it does work. The build below should match the latest release on the asset store (1.1.3), which I assume is the version you are using. If you are using the version in our Git repo then let me know and I can build a 64-bit version for that.

Download: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B7b4UnjhhIiEUzVJM3RYZ0ZlcWc

You can probably place these in the 'Assets\StreamingAssets\Cubiquity\SDK' folder, replacing the ones which are already there (back them up first). The .dll should then be automatically copied to the root of the project when you run Unity.

Have you already worked with Cubiquity with Unity 4? It will be useful if you understand which issues are specific to Unity 5. In particular, I know that the shader system has been overhauled for Unity 5 so you can expect some issues there.

Edit: I should have said those are for Windows. OS X will be more difficult but I can give it a try if need be (probably not until the weekend).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 pm 

I was playing with both the asset store and the development branch on git. Adding the dll to the store version worked great. With the exception of the shader errors, I got no errors at all and the terrain appears to be loading correctly. That's enough for me to play with.

I have used it briefly with unity 4, but haven't done much with it. I do have an installation of 4.6 on my machine still so can test side-by-side if I have any issues.

For your uses if you feel like it the shader error is:
undefined variable "tex2Dgrad" in TerrainVolumeUtilities.cginc (lines 14, 18 and 22)

Thanks for the quick support!

Edit: And yes, I'm on windows :).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 am 
Developer

Wow, I'm really pleased to hear this works. I guess the Unity guys have done a good job of maintaining backwards compatibility so kudos to them. I've therefore built you a 64-bit version of the DLL matching the develop branch, maybe it is useful to you as well:

Download Develop: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... WtTSF9vYTQ

sagron wrote:
For your uses if you feel like it the shader error is:
undefined variable "tex2Dgrad" in TerrainVolumeUtilities.cginc (lines 14, 18 and 22)

Odd, that's a standard Cg/HLSL function. Perhaps Unity 5 needs a certain mode or profile enabled to make use of it? I expect we can fix this when we have access to Unity 5, as long as it's not bothering you at the moment.

Offline Profile