It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Qt based demo?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 am 

I have a coworker who is going to school right now and he is looking for a project that uses QT that he could extend. I remember that the original demo of thermite (or was it polyvox only?) used QT as a pretty large dependency? Anyways if you have a link to the old QT using demo, can you just post it as a responce to this? Thanks

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Qt based demo?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 am 
Developer

Thermite is currently using Qt but I wouldn't recommend he works with that... it's to unstable at the moment. The PolyVox demos are also written in Qt but don't do much interesting, Qt is just used to house the OpenGL widget and get mouse input for rotating the volume. Of course you could extend that into something much more interesting (some kind of voxel editor perhaps).

If you do want to download a Themite demo to show him you can get them here: http://www.thermite3d.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=24

The November 2009 demo is probably the best one, and earlier demos may not use Qt.

Otherwise, you can always find some interesting open source Qt applications at http://qt-apps.org/

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Qt based demo?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 am 

Thanks a ton David, by the way, I've convinced a friend to move down and code with me, my college load is going to drop off massively this summer and we are going to try and moonlight something fun. I've decided to move away from cubes, they are getting done to the max by everyone now, and I seriously doubt I could compete in that space, but I still love voxels, and marching cubes is looking better and better all the time!

Offline Profile