It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 am


All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 pm 
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:29 pm
Posts: 198
Location: UK
The error seems to be referring to Boost rather than PolyVox or TVA. Most likely you need to update your version of Boost or maybe there is an embedded version which is conflicting.

_________________
Matt Williams
Linux/CMake guy


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 52
Quote:
The error seems to be referring to Boost rather than PolyVox or TVA. Most likely you need to update your version of Boost or maybe there is an embedded version which is conflicting.

yes, you are right ! i deleted the conflicting boost and that error disappear. but now i'm getting troubles with Ogre and OiS:
Quote:
-------------- Build: all in ogredemo ---------------

Using makefile: Makefile
[ 8%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/ogre_utility.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/volume_renderer.cpp.o
[ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/BaseApplication.cpp.o
[ 33%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/TutorialApplication.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable ogredemo_a
CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/BaseApplication.cpp.o: In function `BaseApplication::createInputDevices()':
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0xa5f): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::createInputSystem(std::multimap<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::less<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, std::allocator<std::pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > >&)'
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0xab2): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::createInputObject(OIS::Type, bool, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0xb1d): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::createInputObject(OIS::Type, bool, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/src/BaseApplication.cpp.o: In function `BaseApplication::windowClosed(Ogre::RenderWindow*)':
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0x1e0a): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::destroyInputObject(OIS::Object*)'
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0x1e25): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::destroyInputObject(OIS::Object*)'
BaseApplication.cpp:(.text+0x1e35): undefined reference to `OIS::InputManager::destroyInputSystem(OIS::InputManager*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ogredemo_a] Errore 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ogredemo_a.dir/all] Errore 2
make: *** [all] Errore 2
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 35 seconds)
6 errors, 0 warnings



i have OIS and OIS lib and OGRE build with OIS support, i added also a link flags in cmake but this not help. I have to investigate more thoroughly....


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 am
Posts: 43
kalwalt wrote:
i tried with all the previuos release but the best result i had with polyvox version 'PolyVox-GIT-2e4bf67' from download page.


Give me a few hours, and I'll get it to compile with the latest PolyVox once again. The last PolyVox version it works with is at least as old as August 2011.

_________________
irc://irc.freenode.net/#polyvox


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 52
realazthat wrote:
kalwalt wrote:
i tried with all the previuos release but the best result i had with polyvox version 'PolyVox-GIT-2e4bf67' from download page.


Give me a few hours, and I'll get it to compile with the latest PolyVox once again. The last PolyVox version it works with is at least as old as August 2011.


if you can, i will really appreciate it! :)


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 pm 
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 6:35 pm
Posts: 1827
realazthat wrote:
Give me a few hours, and I'll get it to compile with the latest PolyVox once again. The last PolyVox version it works with is at least as old as August 2011.


PolyVox is in a pretty stable state at the moment so it's worthwhile doing that. At least, we've made the changes to the voxel types and surface extractors that we wanted to. There's still various little things to do before release.

The main issue you will encouter is the lack of getThreshold(), etc on the voxel types. This is because voxels can now be primative types. However, you don't have to support all voxel types for all algorithms - you are free to decide that the transvoxel algorithm should only with on MyTransvoxelType for example. This will be simpler to get started as you can give this voxel a similar interface to the other voxel types had previously.

Be sure to check out CHANGELOG.txt


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 52
Quote:
The main issue you will encouter is the lack of getThreshold(), etc on the voxel types. This is because voxels can now be primative types. However, you don't have to support all voxel types for all algorithms - you are free to decide that the transvoxel algorithm should only with on MyTransvoxelType for example. This will be simpler to get started as you can give this voxel a similar interface to the other voxel types had previously.


i hadn't this issue David with last stable version from the Download page ( as i exsposed previuosly) i have instead an issue with Ogre, i cant link correctly lib OIS... maybe polyvox-tva is using a different version? (but i suspect that is only a linking problem) i'm using Ogre version 1.8.1 and , OIS version 1.3.
Apart this i will happier if it will be an implementation also without Ogre , with QT it will be super friendly and simpler.
Thanks


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 am
Posts: 43
Sorry for the delay, I have updated it to the latest revision of polyvox, but in doing so, one of the demos gives me an assertion which I have been working on.

_________________
irc://irc.freenode.net/#polyvox


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 52
ok! What kind of assertion? please, considering your time , also could you make a short explanationin in the near future on how to use your tva implementation? i mean for who don't want stay on the Ogre platform and plan to implement it under another engine or what else.
Thanks


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 am
Posts: 43
kalwalt wrote:
ok! What kind of assertion? please, considering your time , also could you make a short explanationin in the near future on how to use your tva implementation? i mean for who don't want stay on the Ogre platform and plan to implement it under another engine or what else.
Thanks


The assertion is obviously an error/bug in the library. It is difficult to explain, but basically its expecting some edge vertices in a lookup table to obtain the normals. The phrase "corner case" was invented for this library ;).

You don't need to use Ogre at all. I just use it for the demonstrations.

And yes, I will over the next few days and weeks, document everything with great detail.

_________________
irc://irc.freenode.net/#polyvox


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Transvoxel Algorithm
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 52
realazthat wrote:

The assertion is obviously an error/bug in the library. It is difficult to explain, but basically its expecting some edge vertices in a lookup table to obtain the normals. The phrase "corner case" was invented for this library ;).



a bug in polyvox or the tva approach?

Quote:
You don't need to use Ogre at all. I just use it for the demonstrations.
And yes, I will over the next few days and weeks, document everything with great detail


this i was sure, but, as you can imagine, with a minimal documentation it is certainly easier.


Top
Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net